Paleo Bacon-Chile Burgers With Guacamole and Fresh Salsa Recipe
Just because you crave a burger, you do not have to waste more than 1,000 calories on a simple restaurant or fast food order! While some popular chains sell burgers with more than 1,000 calories, you can enjoy a delicious burger with bacon (yes, bacon!) For just 402 calories. If you just add some guacamole and fresh salsa, you will get a tasty pate that will make you feel full and satisfied.
The best part? This meal can be enjoyed on a paleo diet! For those who are paleo, you can always try to use a vegetable as a bun (like eggplant or portobello mushrooms). Here we used butter salad leaves. However, if you want to add a burger bun, try a wholegrain pita or wrap instead. We have some clever burger roll swaps that let you decide which "bun" you want to use.
Adding a cheese slice will certainly help with the saturation of a traditional burger, but for those who are paleo, guacamole is a great alternative. Avocado is not only a great appetite suppressant but also the perfect weight loss food. So spoon on some delicious guacamole and fresh salsa on your burger – your stomach will thank you!
Nutrition: 402 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated), 840 mg sodium, 4 g sugar, 32 g protein, 7 g fiber
Makes 4 servings
6 slices of bacon without added sugar
1 pound of lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 jalapeño chilli, gutted and finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp pepper
1 medium-ripe avocado
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
4 butter salad leaves
1 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
How to do it
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Lay out a large baking tray with foil. Arrange bacon slices in a layer on foil. Bake for 10 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Drain bacon on paper towels and allow to cool. Crumble Bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, garlic, jalapeño, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add bacon pieces; Carefully mix and shape into 4 patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Grill the burgers 12 to 16 minutes or until cooked (160 ° F) and turn them once.
- While the burgers are grilling, crush the avocado, the lime juice, the remaining 1/4 tsp salt, the coriander and the spring onions.
- Serve burger in lettuce leaves with guacamole and fresh salsa.
CONNECTED: Simple, healthy recipe ideas with 350 calories that you can make at home.